Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Games That My Son Wants To Play!!!


Hello…..friends,
Dreams are Desires….as a facilitator I constantly  advise my students to have concrete goals. Of course goals will keep changing from time to time.  The most embarrassing  question  for any child is “ What do you want to become in future?”  
When I was a kid, I often spoke about becoming a secretary in a very big Multinational company…..i wanted to swish in good stylish clothes,  articulate in immaculate language, earning a hefty pay package and shouldering lot of responsibilities of the organisation!! However all this changed when I came into my final year at college…. I started dreaming about getting married and settling in life!!! “Being a house wife” was my dream then!!!  I think  God knew that I would be  a “misfit” in the Multinational companies…..and…..he had his own plans! I was married at the age of 20.
Life has changed after marriage, we think more about kids than about oneself!  I strongly believe that “success is a journey and not a destination” ….the Indian team has won the world cup…it was a great moment to see the winning sixer shot  by Dhoni. I have read interviews of Yuvraj Singh and Gautham Gambhir’s mothers!!!!! And of course another article by famous  writer Shobha De writing about Dhoni’s mother, I did not find any depth in her write up though!!!
I begin to ask myself “Will my son become a crickter?”

Personally speaking I wanted my  son to be called as DR. SIDDHARTH, however he disagrees by saying that he wants to become a cricketer. Slowly….now I have reconciled and decided to give importance for his passion towards this game. This is so because….as  a mother I can feel the grin on my face when he explains the rules of the game and the names of the new players.  Though the path is tough, I would make the necessary arrangements for him to take up cricket as a profession….now  this is my dream as well.  Doors are open when we start attracting the positives!!! Now… I am dreaming as though Shobha De is writing about my parenting skills and media is taking interviews as a cricketer Siddharth’s mother!!!


Now….a new goal is set!
Extra time for cricket!!
No more conditions when he goes out to play!!!
Waiting for my “Big Day”

9 comments:

  1. May both your dreams come true! India needs a doctor more than it does cricketers - I am sure your son will grow to recognize that all who play cricket do not become Dhoni-the Demigod of cricket (who will be replaced soon in the memory of public) but all doctors are "Demigods" who are never ever forgotten by their public the patients. All the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear maam,
    thank you so much for ur prompt feed back! i owe u a lot....for ur encouragement! hope siddharth will make to big. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mam.. u r jus soooo sweet!!... sidhhus so lucky!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear ma'am,

    As a child, everybody has dreams, precisely very large dreams. Children get inspired what is moving on around them. And dreams keep changing and so is their passion. As we grow, we learn new things and slowly we realize we are really 'very good' in something and we start chasing it. And that becomes our destiny.

    May be he will become a "Doctor" or "Cricketer". It would be greatest achievement if we just follow our heart.

    Anyways, take care ma'am and all the best for the "cricketer-in-creation".

    - Ajay Kontham

    [ Hope this comment wasn't offending. ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear mam,
    God bless you for being a blessed mother to u're children. Hope and pray that u're dreams will come true..............

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear all,
    thanx so much for ur wishes!!! i am very happy to receive comments frm u all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. may he b a doctor or a cricketer, i just hope he makes it big. probably v hav got the person who is going to replace dhoni or Dr. seshasayee in future...
    just waiting for that big day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes. even i wish he becomes a cricketer. Will be proud to be a cricketer's periyamma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey- I stumbled across your blog today through google.
    Best wishes for your en devours and all wishes.
    cheers
    www.sushmaharish.com

    ReplyDelete